- 8 Garden Hearts® Iceberg Babies®
- 4 red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 4 yellow bell peppers, cut into strips
- 4 medium-size zucchinis, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 eggplants, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 red onions, each cut into 8 wedges
- 8 green onions, washed and trimmed
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 28 ozs creamy goat cheese
- 2 cups coarsely ground walnuts
- Rinse Iceberg Babies® under cold running water and allow to air-dry. Remove outer leaves, if desired. Cut an even 3-inch hole around the core. Remove the core and inner leaves to create a bowl.
- Place the cut vegetables in a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with Italian seasoning and kosher salt. Toss well to ensure even coverage of the vegetables.
- Heat barbecue grill to medium temperature and brush the surface with a small amount of olive oil. To grill the vegetables, close the cover to create a baking environment, turn the vegetables to give them nice grill marks and remove when done. The cooking time varies depending on the texture and thickness of the vegetables, approximately 6-8 minutes.
- Cut grilled vegetables and place back into the large mixing bowl.
- Sprinkle with the balsamic vinegar and pepper. Toss gently and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Cut each roll into 8 slices and coat each slice with coarsely ground walnuts. Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 F for 3 minutes.
- To serve, spoon the warm grilled vegetables into the Iceberg Babies® bowl and arrange some around the plate for presentation. Place two slices of warm goat cheese on top.
CEC, AAC, Corporate Chef Pebble Beach Resorts; Pebble Beach, CA
"The supple texture and just-right-size of Iceberg Babies® make them a perfect choice in wraps and hand rolls used in the Asian cuisine."