- 8 Garden Hearts® Iceberg Babies®
- 48 baby back ribs (long bones)
- salt & pepper
- 2 cups BBQ sauce
- 2 cups ranch dressing
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped marjoram, rosemary and thyme
- red pepper rings for garnish
- Cut off the stem of the Iceberg Babies®, rinse under cold water, and allow to drip dry completely. Cut off and retain the cap of the lettuce. Scoop out the center, creating a bowl. Chop the cap and the lettuce removed from the center. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Boil the baby back ribs in a large pot of water with salt and pepper until the meat pulls easily off the bones. Remove the ribs gently from the water and lay flat to cool. Baste ribs generously with BBQ sauce.
- Cut into individual ribs and baste with additional BBQ sauce. Barbecue the ribs at a very hot temperature, crisping the outside to a dark brown, while continuing to baste ribs with BBQ sauce.
- Toss the chopped salad in ranch dressing, adding the marjoram, rosemary and thyme. Fill the Iceberg Babies® bowls with the tossed salad.
- Place the hot grilled ribs on the serving plate, criss-crossing them to add an architectural touch. Garnish the Iceberg Babies® bowls with red peppers.
CEC, AAC, Corporate Chef Pebble Beach Resorts; Pebble Beach, CA
"The supple texture and just-right-size of Iceberg Babies® make them a perfect choice in wraps and hand rolls used in the Asian cuisine."