- 4 Garden Hearts® Iceberg Babies®
- 1/2 fresh lemon, juiced
- 1/2 fresh orange, juiced
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp hot chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsps fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsps sour cream
- 1 1/2 lb ground turkey
- 3 cups canned black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup medium-hot salsa
- 2 cups grated Mexican-blend cheese
- 2 avocados, peeled and large diced
- Remove outer leaves and rinse Iceberg Babies® under cold, running water and allow to air-dry. Remove core and discard. Carefully separate individual leaves, starting with the center and pulling them gently out, one by one. Reserve 16 leaves and cut the remaining lettuce into a fine julienne. Refrigerate until use.
- Combine the lemon juice, orange, juice, cumin, chili powder, garlic, cilantro and sour cream in a mixing bowl and whisk well.
- Saute' ground turkey, drain off any oils or liquids and toss with the combined ingredients.
- Using the Iceberg Babies® leaves as the taco shell, spoon 1/4-cup of the turkey mixture onto each lettuce cup. Top with the julienned lettuce, black beans, salsa, cheese and avocado.
CEC, AAC, Corporate Chef Pebble Beach Resorts; Pebble Beach, CA
"The supple texture and just-right-size of Iceberg Babies® make them a perfect choice in wraps and hand rolls used in the Asian cuisine."