- 8 Garden Hearts® Iceberg Babies®
- 8 six-ounce balls offresh buffalo mozzarella
- 6 Brandywine tomatoes
- or other firm, fleshy red tomato variety
- 2 bunches fresh basil leaves
- basil leaf crowns
- 32 caper berries
- 2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp fresh marjoram, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, finely chopped
- salt and fresh, coarsely ground black pepper to taste
- Rinse Iceberg Babies® under cold water and allow to drip-dry completely.
- Cut off the bottom (stem side) of each head and slice into quarter-inch rosettes.
- Slice mozzarella into quarter-inch slices. Wash tomatoes and cut into quarter-inch slices.
- Wash basil and remove stems; reserve crown for garnish.
- To assemble, place one Iceberg Babies® rosette at the far edge of the plate, followed by a slide of tomato, and a slice of fresh buffalo mozzarella. Repeat and finish off with a rosette. Drizzle generously with dressing.
- Garnish with caper berries and a basil leaf crown.
CEC, AAC, Corporate Chef Pebble Beach Resorts; Pebble Beach, CA
"The supple texture and just-right-size of Iceberg Babies® make them a perfect choice in wraps and hand rolls used in the Asian cuisine."