- 8 Garden Hearts® Iceberg Babies®
- 3 avocados, peeled and chopped
- 2 European cucumbers, unpeeled and chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup cream or half-and-half
- 4 tbsps chives, finely chopped
- 2 cups sour cream
- 4 tbsps lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- 8 cucumber slices
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chives, finely chopped
- Puree avocados and cucumbers in a food processor or blender until smooth. Add chicken stock, cream or half-and-half, and chives; blend.
- Add sour cream and lemon juice; blend again. Add salt and pepper to taste; blend one last time to distribute flavors.
- Chill in refrigerator for at least 45 minutes.
- Cut off the stem of the Iceberg Babies®, rinse under cold water, and allow to drip dry completely. Cut off the cap of the lettuce, approximately one inch, and scoop out the center to create a bowl.
- Finely chop the cap and the lettuce removed from the center; place on the service plate. Place the Iceberg Babies® bowl level on the lettuce and fill to the rim with chilled soup. Garnish each serving with a sliced cucumber topped with a dollop of sour cream and caviar of your choice. Sprinkle with chives.
CEC, AAC, Corporate Chef Pebble Beach Resorts; Pebble Beach, CA
"The supple texture and just-right-size of Iceberg Babies® make them a perfect choice in wraps and hand rolls used in the Asian cuisine."