- 8 Garden Hearts® Iceberg Babies®
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup Picholine olives, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup pepperoncini, sliced
- 2 large roasted red peppers, seeded, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups marinated artichoke hearts
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced, soaked in water for 5 mins
- 1/2 lb smoked mozzarella, sliced and cut into 1-inch strips
- 1/2 lb hard Genoa salami, sliced and cut into 1-inch strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 tsp pignoli (pine nuts), lightly roasted
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried hot pepper flakes
- Cut off the stem of the Iceberg Babies®, rinse under cold water, and allow to air-dry completely. Cut each head into six wedges.
- Combine garlic, onion, olives, peppers, artichoke hearts, sun-dried tomatoes, mozzarella and salami; gently toss together.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk well.
- Add dressing to the antipasto salad and toss very gently. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the Iceberg Babies® wedges on a serving plate with stem ends coming together and mound the antipasto down the middle.
- Garnish with parsley and pignoli.
CEC, AAC, Corporate Chef Pebble Beach Resorts; Pebble Beach, CA
"The supple texture and just-right-size of Iceberg Babies® make them a perfect choice in wraps and hand rolls used in the Asian cuisine."