- 8 Garden Hearts® Petite Romaine Hearts
- 3 ripe heirloom tomatoes
- 3/4 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roasted and coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cups Kalamata olives, pitted and quartered lengthwise
- 1 bunch freshly chopped basil leaves
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
- Cut 1/4-inch from stems of the Garden Hearts®, keeping the core intact. Rinse well under cold running water and drip-dry completely. Cut in half lengthwise and place on cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle the Garden Hearts® halves with olive oil, ensuring all sides are coated lightly by sliding them around on the cookie sheet. Salt and pepper on both sides.
- Slice the tomatoes and place on oiled cookie sheet; salt and pepper on both sides.
- Light barbecue grill and heat until grill is very hot.
- To prepare the dressing, combine remaining olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a large mixing bowl. Whisk well and season with salt and pepper.
- Add feta cheese crumbles, walnuts, olive quarters, and chopped basil. Toss gently and set aside.
- Clean the hot grill surface with a wire brush and wipe with a cloth lightly covered in olive oil. Using a grill glove for burn protection, grill the cut side of the Garden Hearts® over medium heat until lightly charred. At the same time, grill the tomato slices on one side only.
- Place the grilled Garden Hearts® on a plate or platter and arrange the tomato slices next to them. Sprinkle with the feta cheese dressing mixture. Chef’s
CEC, AAC, Corporate Chef Pebble Beach Resorts; Pebble Beach, CA
"Grilled Garden Hearts® with Greek flavors will delight everyone’s palate."