- 4 Garden Hearts® Petite Romaine Hearts
- 32 large prawns, peeled with tail on
- 32 6" bamboo skewers
- tempura batter
- 16 ozs ponzu dipping sauce
- 1 cup lime juice
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Asian fish sauce
- 4 tsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 red chilis, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cut one inch from the base of the Garden Hearts Petites and separate into individual leaves. Rinse under cold, running water. Pat gently dry with paper towels, wrap in clean cloth or paper towel, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Skewer one prawn, tail first, on each bamboo skewer, dip in tempura batter and deep fry until crisp and golden.
- Combine Asian dressing ingredients, stir well, and toss with whole-leaf Garden Hearts.
- Arrange Garden Heart leaves on the plate and place prawns pyramid-style on top. Serve with the ponzu sauce.
CEC, AAC, Corporate Chef Pebble Beach Resorts; Pebble Beach, CA
" Chef's Comments: "The exciting presentation and Asian flavors will make this dish a favorite with your guests."