- 4 Garden Hearts® Petite Romaine Hearts
- 8 ozs ahi tuna
- 8 ozs hamachi (yellowfin tuna)
- salt and pepper
- 8 ozs beef tenderloin
- 6 large spinach and tomato-flavored wraps
- (or thin tortillas)
- 3 sheets nori
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, sliced,
- crisply fried and seasoned with sea salt
CENTRAL AMERICAN HERB RUB
- 1/2 tsp chipotle peppers, chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch oregano, chopped
- 1/2 bunch thyme, chopped
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup chives, chopped
- Cut one inch from the base of the Garden Hearts Petites and separate into individual leaves. Rinse under cold, running water. Pat gently dry with paper towels.
- Cut ahi, hamachi and tenderloin into half-inch strips.
- Rub fish with wasabi, salt and pepper and the beef tenderloin with herb rub.
- Pan sear each in a very hot, lightly oiled saute' pan until rare.
- Combine dressing ingredients and toss with washed, whole-leaf Petites. Arrange on nori sheets and warm wraps.
- Place hamachi on nori, tuna on spinach wrap and tenderloin on tomato wrap. Take care not to tear nori or wraps.
- Slice rolls into one-inch pieces and present sushi-style. Garnish with shiitake mushroom chips.
CEC, AAC, Corporate Chef Pebble Beach Resorts; Pebble Beach, CA
"Chef's Comments: "Fusion cuisine at its best -- Garden Hearts® with European, Asian and Central American flair!""