- 4 Garden Hearts® Petite Romaine Hearts
- 8 8-ounce salmon filets, cut into one-inch strips
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ozs olive oil
- 12 Garden Hearts® Ultimate Caesar Dressing
- (recipe follows)
- 8 12-inch thin flour tortillas
- 1 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 2 cups caper berries
- Season the salmon strips with salt and pepper. Pan sear in olive oil until medium-well done. Set aside.
- Toss washed, whole-leaf Garden Hearts Petites with the dressing and arrange on warm tortilla.
- Roll the seared salmon strips in dill, place on top of Garden Hearts and roll tightly, taking care not to tear the tortilla.
- Slice the roll in half on an angle, place with the cut sides showing on a serving plate, and garnish with caper berries.
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 flat anchovy filets, mashed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- In a blender or mixing bowl, combine the egg yolks, anchovies, garlic, mustard, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper. Whisk well until foamy.
- Gradually add the extra virgin olive oil in a slow pace so the mixture can absorb the oil until fully emulsified. Add the Parmesan cheese. The dressing will have a thick consistency so it will adhere well to the lettuce. Refrigerate until ready for use.
CEC, AAC, Corporate Chef Pebble Beach Resorts; Pebble Beach, CA
"Let's do the wrap with delicately sweet, tender Garden Hearts®. A delightful change from the humdrum sandwich, it's easy to make and a sure hit with your guests!"