- 4 Garden Hearts® Jumbo Romaine Hearts
- 16 ozs thinly sliced prosciutto di Parma
LEMON HERB DRESSING
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 oz fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 1/4-ounce packets of active dry yeast
- 2 cup warm water (110 degrees Fahrenheit)
- 4 cup bread flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 3 tsp white sugar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Cut 1/4" from stems of the Garden Heart Jumbos. Keeping the leaves intact, rinse well, inside and out, under cold running water. Drip-dry completely. Cut in half lengthwise and chill.
- Combine dressing ingredients in blender, slowly adding oil to emulsify, and refrigerate.
- The breadstick dough is similar to pizza dough. Mix yeast with warm water, reserving a small amount of water for use if the dough is too dry.
- Add flour, salt, herbs and sugar to yeast mixture, adding additional water as needed to make a soft dough. Knead thoroughly for 5 minutes.
- Add olive oil and continue kneading, folding the dough ball in half and then quarters, over and over again for another 5 minutes (or 100 cycles). Kneading by hand is laborious, but very important and it is better to over-knead than under-knead. When done, the ball will no longer stick to your hands and will spring back easily. Cover with a clean cloth and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Roll the dough into a 12-inch wide rectangle that is about 1/2 inch thick, cut into one-inch strips, twist and place on a greased baking pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes, until golden brown, and allow breadsticks to cool.
- Just before serving, wrap the breadsticks with prosciutto.
- Place the Garden Hearts halves (2 per person) onto a plate or platter; drizzle with lemon herb dressing and top crosswise with breadsticks.
CEC, AAC, Corporate Chef Pebble Beach Resorts; Pebble Beach, CA
"This elegantly simple, Italian-style salad showcases the fresh crispness and delicate flavor of Garden Hearts®."