YIELD8 servings; 12 as a salad course
- 6 Garden Hearts® Petite Romaine Hearts
- 3 cups ham, cut into 1/4" cubes
- 3 cups roasted chicken breast, cut into 1/4" cubes
- 3 cups bacon, cooked and cut into small pieces
- 3 cups hard-boiled eggs, chopped (approx. 12 eggs)
- 3 cups small croutons
- 3 cups Roma tomatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4" cubes
- 3 cups blue cheese crumbles
- 4 cups salad dressing (blue cheese, ranch or vinaigrette)
- Cut the ham, chicken and tomatoes into size-consistent 1/4-inch cubes. Chop the bacon and eggs coarsely. Keep all ingredients separated and chill.
- Rinse Garden Hearts® under cold, running water and let air-dry. Cut the stem off the lettuce and separate into individual leaves. Reserve 24 nice center leaves for garnish and diagonally julienne the remaining lettuce into fine strips.
- In a Mason jar, starting with the chopped lettuce, layer each of the ingredients in the jar, adding a second layer of lettuce in the middle of the stacked layers. Keep the items loose and fluffy and do not compact them. You can prepare this salad in advance and refrigerate it in jars until service time.
- For presentation and service, place a bouquet of the reserved romaine leaves on the dinner plate. Lay the Mason jar on its side, allowing the ingredients to spill out of the jar onto the base of the romaine leaves. Serve with your choice of dressing on the side. Enjoy!.
CEC, AAC, Corporate Chef Pebble Beach Resorts; Pebble Beach, CA
" Chef's Comment: "This fresh, lighthearted take on the traditional Cobb Salad is sure to delight your guests.