- 4 Garden Hearts® Jumbo Romaine Hearts
- 12 ozs Caesar Dressing
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 flat anchovy fillets
- 3 egg yolks
- 4 flat anchovy filets, mashed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- 2 packets fast rising yeast
- 1 1/2 - 2 cup warm water
- 6 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 6 tbsp tomato paste or sauce
- 2 lb ripe Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 20 oz fresh Mozarella cheese
- 4 chicken breasts, seasoned and grilled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon each of dried thyme, oregano, basil, rosemary
- mixed kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Cut one inch from the base of the Garden Hearts Jumbos and separate into individual leaves. Rinse under cold, running water. Pat gently dry with paper towels, wrap in clean cloth or paper towel, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a blender or mixing bowl, combine the egg yolks, anchovies, garlic, mustard, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper. Whisk well until foamy.
- Gradually add the extra virgin olive oil in a slow pace so the mixture can absorb the oil until fully emulsified. Add the Parmesan cheese. The dressing will have a thick consistency so it will adhere well to the lettuce. Refrigerate until ready for use.
- For the dough, mix the yeast with warm water, setting a small amount of water aside. Add the flour, salt, and just enough additional water to make a soft dough.
- Knead thoroughly for 5 minutes and add olive oil. Continue kneading for another 5 minutes (about 100 times). The dough is done when the ball no longer sticks to your hands and springs back easily.
- Press the dough into 4 well-greased 10-inch pizza pans. Cover with a clean cloth and let rise in a warm place for one hour.
- Top the pizza dough with tomato paste or sauce, spread evenly across the surface, and arrange the sliced tomatoes and fresh mozzarella on top.
- Scatter the roasted chicken pieces on top and sprinkle with herbs, salt and pepper.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 25 minutes until the base is well cooked and the toppings are browned.
- Just before taking the pizza from the oven, cut the Garden Hearts crosswise into 1/2 inch strips, and toss with Caesar dressing.
- Remove pizza from the oven and slide it onto a serving dish. Place a generous amount of the Caesar salad in the center of the pizza, top with grated Parmesan, and garnish with a whole anchovy fillet.
CEC, AAC, Corporate Chef Pebble Beach Resorts; Pebble Beach, CA
"This will excite everybody's palate! A great 'hot-cold' sensation, dish combines two all-time favorites."