- 2 lbs Boggiatto® Brussels sprouts
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup golden raisins, preferably large
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsps cognac or brandy
- 1/3 cup apple jelly
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Wash the Boggiatto® Brussels sprouts, peel off outer leaves as needed, and trim off the stem. Cut the sprouts in half.
- In a large skillet, fry the bacon until crisp – about 8 minutes. Remove the bacon and cut or break into 1/2 inch pieces. Reserve the drippings.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the Brussels sprout halves with olive oil and bacon drippings. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss well.
- Arrange Brussels sprouts in a single layer on a large, rimmed baking sheet.
- Place in the oven on the top rack. After 10 minutes, stir the sprouts to recoat them with and allow them to brown to a consistent color.
- Cook for another 10 minutes and toss sprouts.
- Repeat this cycle one more time, roasting the sprouts for a total of 30 minutes. Taste for tenderness.
- In the meantime, in a small sauce pan, add raisins, vinegar and cognac. Heat through, turn off the heat, and allow the raisins to plump up for 5 minutes.
- When tender, remove sprouts from the oven and transfer them to a large bowl. Add jelly and gently stir until all sprouts are well-coated. Sprinkle in bacon and raisins and toss gently so as not to smash the delicate raisins.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve steaming hot.
CEC, AAC, Corporate Chef Pebble Beach Resorts; Pebble Beach, CA
"Boggiatto® Brussels sprouts are perfectly complemented by the sweet and savory flavors in this recipe"